Welcome to the St. George’s ILD Support Group which is open to patients, relatives and friends. You are all welcome to join us for a regular, friendly and supportive chat over a coffee or tea.
In addition to undertaking various Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) techniques and exercises, we will have Q&A with invited Guest speakers who will discuss a number of relevant topics concerning living better with ILD. The group usually meets on the 3rd Monday, once a month, but check below for exact dates. Our meeting on 17 September this year marked the start of the support group’s 3rd year and we’re looking forward to another interesting, supportive and active 2018-2019 season for all of us, and let’s not forget some well deserved hot beverages and cake! – details of our next meeting are below.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact form on this website.
We look forward to meet you at our next meeting.
Date: Monday 29 April 2019
Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Meeting location: Atkinson Morley gym
On Wednesday 5 December 2018 the Taskforce for Lung Health published the 5 year plan, which sets out a framework to improve the nation’s lung health and provide better care for people living with lung disease.
Find out more: https://www.blf.org.uk/taskforce/plan
Download a pdf of the entire report here.
- Better understanding of the various long term conditions of all ILD’s
- Diet and ILD
- Exercise and ILD
- Memory and techniques
- Taskforce for Lung health – update
- Understanding x-ray and HRCT scans
- Techniques for managing your cough
- Support for the newly diagnosed and emergency pack for exacerbation prevention
- Pulmonary rehabilation
- Symptom Management for ILD Patients
- Connective tissue and Lupus disorders
- Pacing for improved energy levels