Welcome to the St. George’s ILD Support Group which is open to patients, relatives and friends. You are all welcome to join us for a regular, friendly and supportive chat over a coffee or tea.
In addition to undertaking various Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) techniques and exercises, we will have Q&A with invited Guest speakers who will discuss a number of relevant topics concerning living better with ILD. The group usually meets on the 3rd Monday, once a month, but check below for exact dates. Formed in September 2015 our group has been meeting regularly for over 4 years and we’re looking forward to another interesting, supportive and active 2019-2020 season for all of us, and let’s not forget some well deserved hot beverages and cake! – details of our next meeting are below.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact form on this website.
We look forward to meet you at our next meeting.
Please note that the meeting on
Monday 17 February has been cancelled
The next meeting will be on
Wednesday 18 March 2020
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Meeting location: Neuro Seminar Room – (Adjacent to the John Parker Lecture Theatre) – Atkinson Morley Wing.
Please select the map below for a larger view and directions.
Or ask for directions at the Atkinson Morley reception.
- Understanding x-ray and HRCT scans
- Better understanding of the various long term conditions of all ILD’s
- The role singing plays in better lung health
- Diet and ILD
- Exercise and ILD
- Memory and techniques
- Taskforce for Lung health – update
- Techniques for managing your cough
- Support for the newly diagnosed and emergency pack for exacerbation prevention
- Pulmonary rehabilation
- Symptom Management for ILD Patients
- Connective tissue and Lupus disorders
- Pacing for improved energy levels