Welcome to the St. George’s ILD Support Group which is open to patients, relatives and friends. You are all welcome to join us for a regular, friendly and supportive chat over a coffee or tea.
In addition to undertaking various Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) techniques and exercises, we will have Q&A with invited Guest speakers who will discuss a number of relevant topics concerning living with ILD. The group meets on the 3rd Monday, once a month. The first meeting of the 2017-2018 season took place on Monday 18 September – details of our next meeting are below.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact form on this website.
We look forward to meet you at our next meeting.
Topic: “A map for better care“
Presented by: Ashley Green
Head of Service Development at the British Lung Foundation (BLF)
Date: Monday 18 December 2017
Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Meeting location: Atkinson Morley gym
Upcoming topics and dates for your diary
- “Cough technique” presented by UCLH nurse specialist – 22 Jan 2018
- “How to understand your scans (HRCT / X-ray)”
- “Better understanding of the various long term conditions of all ILD’s”
- “Memory and techniques”
- “Support for the newly diagnosed and emergency pack for exacerbation prevention”
- “Symptom Management for ILD Patients”
- “Understanding medications (in all its forms)”
- “Connective tissue and Lupus disorders”
- “Pacing for improved energy levels”
- “The year in review” presented by Anne-Marie Russel – NIHR Clinical Research Fellow
- “Diet and ILD”