This ILD support group has been set up to help support all patients who have been diagnosed with ILD and to improve their quality of life. The group is also there for carers, relatives and friends of those affected by ILD.
There are many different types of ILD and although they have much in common they also have their own unique aspects which need to be understood and managed.
The support group has been setup by both patients and clinicians in an effort to provide a real and practical support for all who are affected by ILD.
This is your support group and it has been set up;
- To provide support to patients and their families and carers and to improve their quality of life
- To provide practical support to patients living and coping with ILD, day to day
- To undertake targeted awareness raising of ILD, amongst the medical profession, decision-makers and the wider public
- To support research into improved outcomes and greater understanding of ILD
- To provide a supportive place to come together to chat and socialise with a community who can understand what it is like to live with ILD
The support group held its first meeting on Monday 19 September 2016 at St Georges Hospital between 16:30 – 18:00. From January 2017 the group meets every month and the dates of future meetings are published on the website and on twitter (@StG_ILDSuppGr). So please check back regularly for further updates concerning the activities of the group.