It’s really important to carry on doing the things you like doing, to have a holiday or visit friends or family and leave the home.
It is possible with some organisation and planning to do this, even if you are using oxygen.
Check with your doctor if it is safe to travel. Your doctor or nurse may be able to advise you. You may need to consider the following:
- If you can fly
- A location with few hills
- Good transportation links
- Central hotel close to amenities
- Emergency supply of antibiotics and /or other medicines
- Travel insurance stating your lung problem
Is it safe to fly?
You may need a flight assessment to check whether you require oxygen whilst in-flight, your doctor can arrange this. Your doctor will also be requested by the airline to supply a ‘fit to fly’ letter so make sure you plan well ahead.
You must make sure that you prevent in-flight dehydration by:
- Moving around aircraft frequently if you can or performing regular leg exercises
- Do not drink any alcoholic drinks
- Drink plenty of fluids
Where is it best to go?
- Try a UK trip first- you can order holiday oxygen to be supplied anywhere in England and Wales
- Contact your oxygen supplier and oxygen assessment service to find out what you need to do
- It is your responsibility to check that your destination will accept oxygen on the premises
- You will need to supply your holiday dates and address to your oxygen supplier
What about in-flight oxygen and oxygen abroad?
Oxygen can be ordered for in-flight use by contacting the airline. Please click here to visit the website to view the oxygen policy for each airline. As long as you arrange oxygen through approved routes and keep all receipts, oxygen costs for the EU can be reimbursed on return to the UK from Dept. of Work and Pensions . You can telephone them on 0191 218 1999.
If you are travelling outside Europe you will need to contact your local oxygen contractor.
For information on the supply of oxygen for a cruise please contact Omega Advanced Aeromedical by emailing them at email@example.com or telephone them on 01273 308176.
Or you can telephone them on 03000 030 555 on Monday to Friday between 10 am to 6 pm.